Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Something recently came to my attention through the news, which in a way really burned me up. It is what Costas said during a NFL game regarding gun ownership. I'm very pro 2nd Amendment and I'm sorry, I'm really tired of anti-gun people giving inaccurate information when it comes to guns and using fear to promote their agenda.  

I'm sorry, guns can't kill anyone without the person who is in "control" of it making a conscience effort on their part to do the crime or provide themselves protection. I don't care what anyone say's, a gun can't jump up on its own and start shooting people. Guns can't make anyone go crazy as soon as they pick it up to make them go on a rampage. Thats like saying if I pick up a knife in the kitchen I'm going to start stabbing people just because it is in my hands. Its stupid to say such a thing.

I heard today on the news, and unfortunately I forgot the person who said it, but the problem with gun crime today isn't the gun itself, but people not taking responsibility for their actions. I also want to add that anti-gun people purposely take away a persons responsibility for what they did to push an agenda with fear.  I'm for everyone, even the anti-gunners, to have the right to self defense and protection heck even be able to us use it recreationally.  

People who go out of their way to promote their anti-gun agenda is the same as me promoting limits on their free speech. I don't see any difference. They want me to have a permit to own a gun, get it registered, go through a bunch of paperwork before I was able to bring it home and then in some states have a waiting period before I can even take a handgun home, maybe we should do the same to their freedom of speech to see how they like having a permit to speak, requesting permission to voice their opinion, etc. That to me is the same as Communism, but when you mention that they get all defensive. 

Maybe that is what pro-gunners should so, go on their soap box to limit free speech and see how these guys like it.  Then maybe when we show them a different way of looking at things especially when it comes to the US Constitution. 

I just wish these anti-gun people stopped looking at the 2nd Amendment in fear, and look at it as empowerment that is actually given to you by the Constitution. 

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment